Voice Your Opposition to “Manage our Wolves Act”
With the House flipping to a Democratic majority in January, lawmakers are rushing to pass damaging legislation that would have the gray wolf delisted across the lower 48. On Tuesday, the US House rules committee made a deadly move on the wolf by passing HR 6784, the “Manage Our Wolves Act” out of committee.
This stand alone bill is scheduled for a floor vote this Friday, November 16. If passed, HR 6784 will remove all federal protections for all wolves in the lower 48 except the Mexican gray wolf. The bill excludes opportunity for judicial review — a blatant attack on the very checks and balances at the core of our democracy.
WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION NOW
Make the call to your representatives and urge them to vote “NO” on HR 6784 using this toll free number (847) 232-6848 today and tell them the wolf needs the protections of the Endangered Species Act. (this number is for the House only and has a prompt to oppose HR 6784)
For Wisconsin Residents in Duffy’s Congressional District: Call Sean Duffy and tell him as a constituent that you OPPOSE HR 6784 and want to see wolves remain protected under the Endangered Species Act.
WI Office: (715) 298-9344 | DC Office: (855) 585-4251
- Wildlife belongs to everyone under the public trust.
- According to a DNR survey, 79% of people living in Wisconsin want to see wolves remain protected.
- States “management” plans include wolf hunting and trapping. States are poised to kill wolves with no regard to the damage already done by recent wolf hunts and other lethal plans.
- Killing wolves has not proven to decrease conflict.
- States need more time to develop wolf protection plans and greater public understanding and tolerance for the wolf.
- Judicial review keeps our government accountable and transparent. It is a founding principle of check and balances and at the core of our democracy.
- The wolf is vulnerable and the vast majority of Wisconsin residents value wolves and want them protected for future generations.
This bill is set to hit the floor as soon as THIS FRIDAY so we MUST ACT NOW. Please call your Representative and urge them to OPPOSE HR 6784 today!
The full text of the bill can be read here: